Posted: 17 Jan 2012 02:33 PM PST
Google Apps administrators can now access and configure improved email compliance footers, approved/blocked sender lists and file attachment policies for Gmail, directly from the control panel. Previously, Google Apps customers used Google Message Security, powered by Postini, to provide these capabilities. These settings can also be configured at the organizational unit level for fine grained policies.
Google Apps for Business, Government and Education
How to access what's new:
- Log in to the administrator control panel and access “Settings” then “Email”.
- From the Email settings page, click "Filters".
- In the Organizations section select the organization for which you want to add settings.
- To create a new setting, click the “Add Setting” button near the right edge of the window (the Add setting dialog box opens).
- Click the type of setting in the left navigation menu of the dialog box, for example, “Objectionable content” or “Content compliance”.
For more information: